Vueocity Terms of Service
- Vueocity is a platform that enables packaging, marketing, selling, and delivery of digital content.
- The following terms set out the relationship between Vueocity (“Vueocity”,”us”,”we”,”our” and you (“you”,”your”).
- With respect to the mechanism by which we facilitate the storing, marketing, selling or delivery of digital content, we will refer to this as “our platform”.
- With respect to individuals or organizations who market, sell, and/or deliver content through Vueocity, you will be referred to as a “site owner”. The individual platform site(s) you maintain on Vueocity are referred to as “sandboxes”.
- With respect to individuals or organizations who view or purchase services through a Vueocity site owner, you will be referred to as a “customer”.
- These terms set forth are legally binding and apply whenever you use the platform. By accessing and/or using our platform you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access this platform.
- We reserve the right to change these terms at any time. Updated terms will be posted on this site. Before using our platform, you should always review our terms and policies for updates.
- Any failure by us to enforce any terms set out in our agreement with you is not a waiver of our rights to enforce those terms.
- If a term of our agreement with you is unenforceable or void, that term can be severed and the rest of the agreement with you will continue to apply.
- Our agreement with you does not create a partnership, agency, employment or other relationship between you and us.
Agreement of use
All site owners and customers of our platform agree:
- Our platform is a conduit that site owners use to sell or share, and customers to view and purchase digital goods. You do not buy from, or sell to, us. We do not fulfill sales from site owners to customers. We cannot ensure that a site owner or customer will complete a transaction.
- You may not use our platform if you are under the age of 18, or otherwise able to enter legally binding contracts, or if you are suspended from using our platform.
- You will not use scripts, bots or other automated technology to access or scrape content from our platform.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the login information that you use to access our platform and you agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You are responsible for any activity with your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. You should immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account.
- We are not responsible for any other websites that are linked through to our platform. We do not endorse any content on those sites.
- You agree that we can contact you from time to time, by email or otherwise, in relation to the operation of our platform.
- You agree that if you dispute a transaction you entered into with a respective site owner or customer, you will contact the other party directly to resolve the dispute. You agree that we do not have any obligations to resolve the dispute between you and the other party regarding the transaction. We may choose to become involved in at our discretion, but we have no obligation to do so.
- We will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss or corruption of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of our platform.
- You will not breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures.
- You will not access, tamper with, use non-public areas you have not been invited to use.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the entire platform or a platform service.
- By use of our platform, you have accepted our Terms of Service. With this acceptance, we hereby grant you a limited nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to use our platform. Your license to use our platform will be automatically revoked should you violate our Terms of Service and/or other policies.
- We hereby reserve all rights not expressly granted in these terms.
As a site owner on our platform, you agree:
- You retain full ownership rights to your content. These terms do not grant us rights to your content or intellectual property.
- By using our platform you are extending us limited rights, which are needed to run our platform (hosting your files, delivering them after a sale or for sharing at your direction). These limited rights also extend to our trusted third parties we work with to provide our platform, for example Amazon Web Services, which provides our storage space.
- Our platform allows site owners to sell and share digital goods. Site owners are responsible for any Digital Rights Management which would prevent a customer from copying, modifying or sharing these goods. To assist site owners in protecting digital goods, we will provide deterrents that include PDF Protection, Audio/Video Streaming, One at a Time Dashboard Access, Time Limit Access, and Dashboard Access Tracking. We do not guarantee that these deterrents will protect your content.
- You must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, standards, and codes of conduct. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you understand your obligations in this regard, and that you comply with those obligations. This includes, but is not limited to, your obligation not to sell illegal or infringing products.
- You will not store, sell, share, display, stream, distribute, email, link to or transmit content that is protected by intellectual property laws, copyright licenses, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary rights, unless you own, or control such rights or have received all necessary consents.
- You will not store, sell, or share content that is unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that advocate bigotry, religious, racial or ethnic hatred.
- You will not store, sell, or share content that contains computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information, or that may or are intended to damage the operation of or render inoperable another's computer, hardware, software, security measures or system or other programs written to defeat the security measures of any computer, system or programs.
- You will not Sell or distribute counterfeit, pirated or stolen goods, any goods or services that infringe or otherwise violate a third party's rights including copyright, patent, trademark, or rights of publicity or privacy.
- You will not sell or distribute goods or services that if sold by our platform would cause us to violate any law, statute or regulation.
- You will not use a trade name or other descriptive term in connection with operating your sandbox that is confusing or misleading to participants, or may otherwise impersonate or deceive participants with respect to your identity.
- You will not provide inaccurate, false or misleading information to Vueocity or to prospective customers and you must promptly notify us if any previously supplied information becomes inaccurate, false or misleading.
- You will not download software or other code on to a customer’s system without the consent of the customer.
- If you delete content, we will make reasonable efforts to remove it from our platform, but you acknowledge that caching or other links to or download of the content may mean that the content continues to be available.
As a customer of our platform, you agree:
- Content that is purchased and delivered on our platform may not be shared or sold by the buyer of said content unless authorized by the site owner of said content.
- You will pay for products or services purchased by you.
Site Owner Terms for Selling Content
- PayPal is used as a third-party service provider for selling digital goods to customers. Site owners are required to maintain an active and in-good-standing PayPal account.
- Payment for goods sold will be remitted through the site owner’s PayPal account.
- As a site owner, you are responsible for determining any tax liability of goods for sale and must complete tax set-up information when activating a sandbox.
- We will, with the assistance of a third party, calculate and add to the purchase price assumed applicable sales taxes based on the information provided by the site owner and the location of the site owner and purchasing customer. We do not accept liability for accuracy of the tax calculation.
- PayPal will remit collected tax payments to the site owner.
- The site owner has sole liability for submitting tax payments to relevant tax jurisdictions.
- At no time will we provide tax advice or reporting and you agree to indemnify us in any dispute of all tax matters.
- We will charge your PayPal account a monthly platform charge based on the service level you select plus any additional active users and download activity. That charge will be billed through your PayPal account on the day of the month that services start (renewal date). For example, if paid services start on the 5th of the month our system will charge your PayPal account on the 5th of each month. This is a pre-payment for your use of the Vueocity platform.
- Pricing is subject to change upon 30 days’ notice. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the www.vueocity.com website or on the platform itself.
- No refunds will be issued for monthly platform charges.
- We offer a number of service level options. If you choose to upgrade to a higher level, or downgrade to a lower level, your monthly platform charge will be adjusted on your next renewal date.
- Our platform uses Amazon Web Services for data storage. All traffic between our platform and the cloud uses SSL to establish a secure, encrypted channel. This ensures that any data (customer names, passwords, and content) cannot be intercepted and read by a third party. You can find more information about Amazon's security at their web site.
- Vueocity employees, contractors, and any third parties we contract with for services are prohibited from viewing content you store with us. However, a small number of our support personnel are permitted to access data to maintain compliance with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policies.
- We utilize PayPal for customer and site owner payments. Please be aware that they utilize their own security protocols and have their own privacy policies. You can find more information about PayPal's security at their web site.
- In compliance with the laws of the United States, we will cooperate with law enforcement when we receive a valid legal request. This may require us to provide the contents of your account.
- By acting as a site owner or customer of the Vueocity platform, you acknowledge that no system can guarantee data security with 100% certainty. We will investigate any and all reported security issues arising from the use of our platform.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a security concern.
DMCA Notice of Infringement
- If someone believes that content on our platform is infringing their intellectual property rights, they can send a DMCA Notice to email@example.com. Upon receiving a DMCA Notice, we may remove or disable access to the material claimed to be a copyright infringement if we believe it infringes on any third party’s intellectual property.
- If we remove a site owner’s content in response to a DMCA Notice, we will notify said site owner and provide a copy of such notice. If the site owner believes the content was wrongly removed due to a mistake or misidentification, they may submit a timely Counter Notification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receiving an effective Counter Notification, we will promptly forward it to the reporting party. If the reporting party fails to notify us within ten (10) business days that it has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain site owner from engaging in the allegedly infringing activity, we will consider, in our sole discretion, restoring eligible content to our platform.
- We retain the right to terminate any User’s account and/or access to the platform after receipt of a single DMCA Notice, or at our sole discretion.
- Site owners may terminate this agreement and discontinue service at any time. Termination of charges will be effective as of your next renewal date. Content will be removed and your sandbox de-activated within 48 hours of cancellation.
- We reserve the right to terminate your account at any time for any reason, including a breach of the terms of this agreement, any law or suspicion of fraudulent activity.
- If your account is terminated, we may elect at our discretion to permanently delete all your content and it may not be able to be recovered or accessed.
- We do not warrant that our platform are error, virus or fault free. Periodically, we may need to restrict or suspend access to our platform. We do not warrant that our platform will always be available or that it will operate in an uninterrupted manner.
- You release us from liability for any loss or damage including, but not limited to loss of profits, loss or corruption of data, loss of reputation, business or opportunity or for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage which you or a third party may incur.
- You indemnify us and our related bodies corporate against any claims, loss, liability or damage (including legal costs) we may incur as a result of your use of our platform (including but not limited to transactions made, or attempted to be made, via our platform), your content being on our platform, your breach of your agreement with us, and from any claims from third parties (including but not limited to customers).
- You hereby waive any claim against us, and release us from any liability, in relation to any transaction you enter into with any customer or site owner using our platform. You agree that such transactions are contracts between you and the customer or site owner, as the case may be, and they we are not a party to, or agent of any party to, those contracts.